One of my favorite holiday cookies to make is Anisette Cookies. These cookies have that wonderful anisette flavor yet are a bit soft. I don’t particularly enjoy the hard-as-a-rock version. I made these cookies for my 2010 Cookie Exchange Party. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Anise Seed
- 3 C Flour
- 2 Bars of Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- Mix all ingredients together - dough should be pliable and not stick to fingers.
- Form 2 to 3 loaves per cookie sheet. Press somewhat flat.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes at 350 degrees. DO NOT PREHEAT! Once edges are golden brown, remove from oven.
- Slice on a slant and let cool.